Zone 0, also known as Joas, is the first area of the game that the The Player encounters and the first of the multiple Zones that exist within The Nothingness. The Batter is transported to Zone 0 from The Nothingness by some unknown entity, afterwards meeting the Zone's guardian in The Judge. This Zone introduces the Player to basic concepts such as movement, interaction, and basic combat.
Zone 0 is much smaller than the other Zones and devoid of all life aside from The Judge, Sugar, Valerie (formerly), and later Zacharie. The reason for Zone 0's relative lack of life given the abundance of Elsen in the other Zones is unclear. Zone 0 is so enigmatic in fact, that the book entitled "Explanations", which can be found in the Bismark Library, has a chapter devoted solely to it.
Items and Interactables Edit
- A Luck Ticket and Silver Flesh are found in chests outside the main building.
- Various memory puzzles that are controlled through the use of yellow cubes.
- A red save cube is found behind the main building.
- Zone 0 is the only Zone that did not get purified by The Batter.
- ↑ As seen here.
- ↑ The red cube says "return to the nothingness" even the first time The Batter interacts with it.
- ↑ As hinted here.
- ↑ "come back with me to zone 0." -The Judge, to Japhet (as Valerie)
|Zones||Zone 0 ● Zone 1 ● Zone 2 ● Zone 3|
|Other||The Room ● The Nothingness|