Add-Ons are floating objects that fight alongside their owner during combat, using their unique Competences to fill various roles in combat. Each one is named after a letter of the Greek alphabet. It is unclear whether an Add-On's owner controls it, or if they act of their own accord. The only two characters known to be able to use Add-Ons are The Batter and The Queen, though their Add-Ons differ greatly in appearance and functionality.
The Batter's Add-Ons appear as simple floating rings, and learn up to eight competences each as they level up. The Batter finds one Add-On in each of the three main Zones. After trying and failing to equip an Add-On, The Judge said that the reason The Batter can use Add-Ons may be because The Player is controlling him.
Alpha is the first Add-On that The Batter gets. Alpha (Aα) is the first letter of the Greek alphabet, and Alpha's class name is "Father". It is obtained in the annex tunnel of Damien's smoke mines, where the Elsen believed it to be the "leader of the spectres". When The Batter first gets Alpha, it is Lv. 1, and is equipped with an Audacious Symbol. The names of Alpha's Competences are based on programming terminology. The "String" Competences target a single enemy and deal high damage, while the "Bracket" Competences deal low damage and have a chance to inflict status ailments.
|4||Expected Bracket||7||40||100%||1/9/4||Can inflict Poison.|
|10||Requisite Bracket||7||40||100%||1/9/4||Can inflict Blind.|
|20||Open Bracket||9||50||100%||1/9/4||Can inflict Mute.|
|40||Impossible Bracket||9||50||100%||1/9/4||Can inflict Palsy.|
Omega is the second Add-On that The Batter gets. Omega (Ωω) is the last letter of the Greek alphabet, and Omega's class name is "Son". It is obtained on the 3rd floor of the Grand Library, after fighting Valérie there. When The Batter first gets Omega, its Level is the average of The Batter's and Alpha's, and is equipped with a Persistent Symbol and a Radius Epidermis. The names of Omega's Competences are based on photographic terminology. The "Perspective" Competences target a single ally and cure various status ailments, while the "Blur" Competences target a single enemy, dealing low damage and having a variety of useful secondary effects.
|2||Inverse Perspective||10||0||90%||0/3/4||Cures Blind and Mute.|
|7||Overdone Perspective||10||0||90%||0/3/4||Cures Poison and Sleep.|
|10||Photographic Blur||10||80||100%||5/5/2||Ignores enemy Defense.|
|15||Frontal Perspective||15||0||90%||0/3/4||Cures Fury, Madness, and Palsy.|
|20||Gaussian Blur||15||50||100%||0/3/4||Decreases CP instead of damaging.|
|30||Multiple Perspective||80||100||100%||0/3/4||Revives. Heals instead of damaging.|
|40||Radial Blur||15||30||100%||0/3/4||Decreases Defense instead of damaging.|
Epsilon is the final Add-On that The Batter gets. Epsilon (Εε) is the fifth letter of the Greek alphabet, and Epsilon's class name is "Holy Spirit". It can be obtained either in the east dormitories of Zone 3 Area 1, or in the room just before the fight with Enoch. When The Batter first gets Epsilon, its Level is the average of The Batter's, Alpha's, and Omega's, and it is equipped with a Choleric Symbol and an Aura of Justice. The names of Epsilon's Competences are based on artistic terminology. The "Drama" Competences target a single ally and increase various stats, while the "Tragedy" Competences target all enemies, dealing decent damage.
|2||Classic Drama||25||10||100%||0/3/4||Increases Attack instead of damaging.|
|4||Surrealist Tragedy||15||35||100%||4/8/3||Hits all enemies.|
|7||Baroque Drama||25||10||100%||0/3/4||Increases Defense instead of damaging.|
|10||Abstract Tragedy||26||80||100%||4/8/3||Hits all enemies.|
|15||Experienced Drama||25||10||100%||0/3/4||Increases Esprit instead of damaging.|
|20||Cubist Tragedy||42||190||100%||4/8/3||Hits all enemies.|
|30||Unrevokable Drama||25||10||100%||0/3/4||Increases Agility instead of damaging.|
|40||Fauvestic Tragedy||80||310||100%||4/8/3||Hits all enemies.|
The Queen's Add-Ons only appear when The Batter fights The Queen in Chapter 1 of The Room. They're significantly more ornate than The Batter's Add-Ons, and are shaped to allow them to nestle closely next to each other. Like The Batter's Add-Ons, they assist The Queen in battle with their unique Competences, although they have far fewer (two each compared to The Batters' up to eight) and they cannot attack or use Objects. The Queen's Add-Ons' Competence names are based on musical terminology.
All three of The Queen's Add-Ons have the same statistics.
- Max HP: 1200
- Max CP: 500
- Attack: 300
- Defense: 100
- Esprit: 120
- Agility: 155
- Experience: 1000
- Credits: 0
- Item: None
Delta (Δδ) is the fourth letter in the Greek alphabet.
|Short Silence||0||200||100%||0/3/4||Hits a single enemy.|
|Long Silence||5||50||100%||0/3/4||Hits all enemies.|
Sigma (Σσς) is the 18th letter in the Greek alphabet.
|Major Chord||5||5||100%||0/3/4||Increases an ally's Attack instead of damaging.|
|Minor Chord||5||5||100%||0/3/4||Increases an ally's Defense instead of damaging.|
Ipsilon is likely named after Ypsilon (Υυ), the 20th letter in the Greek alphabet.
|Treble Clef||20||100||100%||0/3/4||Heals an ally instead of damaging.|
|Alto Clef||0||10||100%||0/3/4||Restores an ally's CP instead of damaging.|
- The Batter's Add-Ons' class are "Father" (Alpha), "Son" (Omega) and "Holy Spirit" (Epsilon), which allude to the Holy Trinity.
- Due to this allusion, the Batter's seemingly religious demeanor and his Add-Ons' shared shape, they may be interpreted as the Batter's halos.
- They could also be based off the "Ophanim", a type of angel seen in the Book of Ezekiel said to resemble a giant floating wheel covered in eyes.
- The Queen's own Add-Ons are much larger and uniquely intricate compared to the Batter's ones, which also visually fit with her elegant manner of dress.
- Delta, Sigma, and Ipsilon are referred to as, "Royal Add-Ons".
- There are other characters that seem to use things similar to Add-Ons but are not confirmed as actual Add-Ons:
- Sugar uses four Add-On like battle companions known as Dummies, which are pieces of candy suspended on hooks on her hands. Like an Add-On, they are treated as if they are a separate party member and can cast competencies.
- The Pastel Burnt has an Elsen's head as a kind of Add-On.
- There are also characters that can summon in Add-On like party members during battle. Most notably they come in the form of speech bubbles though they seem to act as damage sponges rather than an actual attacker or caster. Examples of enemies that can do this are the Zone 1 guardian Dedan and fat spectres.
- Chapter 4 of The Room implied that the Add-Ons Alpha, Omega, and Epsilon are somehow related to Dedan, Japhet, and Enoch. This is seen at the conclusion of the chapter, where the Add-On sprites appear on screen when The Tall Mister, The Little Bird and The Big Mister are named.